Do It Yourself (DIY) Repair on Chain Link GATE DOUBLE WHEEL CARRIER
Step-by-step Instructions on how to remove, replace, and repair a rolling gate wheel, as used in cyclone fence and chain-link gate types.
- Use pliers to bend the first side of the cotter pin flat
- Repeat the process on the other side
- Remove cotter pin and washer
- Slide rubber wheel off of the double carrier axle
- Check to see if an additional washer is on the axle
- Measure the wheel from outside to outside of largest stretch.
- Order replacement wheel and compare after arrival (hint: fencesupplyco.com)
- Slide Washer onto axle of carrier
- Slide Replacement wheel onto axle
- Slide final washer onto axle
- Insert cotter pin
- Bend first side of cotter pin (hint: its OK if its not as bent back as before)
- Bend other side of cotter pin
- Pinch both of the bent sides of the cotter pin with the pliers
- CELEBRATE - YOU DID IT!! Or perhaps you should first mount the carrier back onto the gate and then, Celebrate!
Looking for a replacement wheel or a gate carrier? Fence Supply Co sells both!