Chain Link Gate Latch, Lockable Fork-Latch
Fork Latches are the most common latch type for a Chain Link Gate. Latches are made of malleable steel and protected from rust by their hot dip galvanize zinc coating. Locking a Fork Latch is easy because each latch has an opening where it can receive a padlock or similar type of locking mechanism. Installing a fork latch is as simple as removing the included bolt, positioning the latch on the gate frame, and tightening the bolt.
Key Product Features:
- Heavy Duty Coating Zinc Hot-Dip Galvanized
- Rust Resistant YES
- Bolt On Easy Mount Installation, only 1 bolt to adjust
- Component Malleable Steel, Galvanized
- Lockable YES, it can be locked when fitted with a padlock or similar lock
- Fits Gate Frame Sizes: 1-3/8 inch, 1-5/8 inch, or 1-7/8 inch
- Minimum Gate Gap: 2 inches between gate and post
*GATE FRAME SIZE = the size of the chain link gate's frame, outside diameter of pipe
*LATCH POST SIZE = the size of the post to which the latch is latching.
Fork Latch Galvanized Malleable Steel
I got this to replace a missing gate latch on a tennis court nearby; this latch fit perfectly and now the gate won't blow open in the wind! Solidly made and looks great!